Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Are you singing in the rain?"


I called a friend recently. He answered on his cell phone. He parked his car and got out of it as we talked, then jogged over to a covered shelter. "It’s raining," he said.

"It’s raining here as well," I said, and we went on with our conversation. Well, as we’re talking several minutes later, I hear a bird singing very loudly, a most beautiful song; as magnificent as any aria ever performed.

Now birds don’t usually sing when it’s raining. They do what we do—go for cover and hunker down. So I said to my friend, "It must have stopped raining."

"No," he said, "it’s still raining. Why?"

"Well," I said, "that bird must not know it’s still raining because he’s singing like the sun is shining."

If not today, then some day soon, some rain will fall in your life. Something will be gray and downcast. Sing anyway. Sing like the sun is shining in your life and soon it will be because you’ll be listening to your life and making a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home