Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, June 09, 2008

"Got good dirt?"


I shared a story with you last Tuesday about a friend of mine who planted a vegetable garden and it all grew fine except for one area. He discovered after a couple of plantings that there was a huge rock under the soil. He found it only after digging on the tip of it. It appeared to be small, but turned out to be huge. You and I listened to life and discovered that poor habits are like that rock, keeping us from growing rich habits in life.

Well, I received some emails and blog comments about this story. There are obviously a lot of things to learn from this story while we listen to life. One of the comments I received that stood out in my mind was one that reminded me that even though my friend planted twice, the problem wasn’t with the seed. The seed was good. The soil was the challenge.

In life, God sends lots of opportunities, lots of good seeds, your way, scattering them in your spirit. You are the soil. It’s your job to keep the soil ready for the seed. That means keeping the weeds down in your heart and the ground of your mind tilled. And that’s how you listen to life and make a life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home