Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"What's your calendar like?"


A friend of mine received a new calendar as a gift over the holidays. Now she’s a very organized person who pays attention to every little detail which means that a new calendar is a great gift for her. Or so I thought…

…until she began telling me that while it’s a very nice calendar, it only displays scheduling space for one day at a time.

"And what would you prefer?" I asked her.

"I want to see more than one day at a time. I want to see the whole month at least so I can tell what I’ve got scheduled," she said.

"Oh," I said, "so you live one month at a time instead of one day a time."

"Ooooh," she said, "I guess I do. And it’s hard for me to listen to life when I’m living a month at a time instead of a day at a time, isn’t it?"

It is for me, too. What about you? What’s your calendar like? A day at a time? A month at a time? A year at a time?

Sure, planning is important, but live today today and let God take care of your tomorrows, as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home