Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"What do you do well?"


I was speaking to a group of CEOs about how to survive stress and thrive with success. The first key of these three "R’s" is to "Relax into who you are." I asked the participants, "What’s one thing that you do well? Remember—you’re not bragging, you’re just saying, ‘Here’s something I do well.’"

Now frankly what I typically get when I ask this question are responses like "I’m a good leader" or "I manage people well" or something like that. But this group got quiet. Then one of the executives said, "I’m a really good husband and father." And another said, "I’m a single mom which is stressful, but my daughter and I are really close." Then someone else said, "My parents are elderly. I’m a really good son to them." And the responses continued around the room with most everyone commenting on some personal aspect of life that they do well.

I thought that was pretty cool. I mean, here I am speaking to a group of highly successful, overachieving CEOs, and when asked about what they do well, they talk about how they make a life, not how they make a living.

What would you say you do well? Think about it as you listen to life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home