Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, November 19, 2007

"What are you grateful for?"


I was speaking to a group about "How to Have an Attitude of Gratitude" as you listen to life. We started off by my asking, "Think of something very specific that you’re grateful for this very moment. And when you’re ready to share it, you may stand up and do so."

We went around the group sharing and most of the responses were predictable—things like my family, my job, my home. But then an elderly man stood up. (I don’t know how old he was, but you know "elderly" means someone at least 10 years older than you.) He straightened up slowly as he stood and with bright, gleaming dark eyes, threw back his shoulders and said, "Dr. Joey, I’m grateful that I could walk into this room today and didn’t need a walker or a wheelchair. I was in the hospital recently and had to use both. Now I don’t. And so I’m very grateful for that."

Do you take it for granted that you are where you are right now and didn’t need a walker or wheelchair to get there? I know I do sometimes, but not since that elderly man reminded me of God’s blessings as I make a life and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home