Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"How is God like a dog?"


One of our yellow Labrador retrievers, Princess, follows me around each morning when I first get up. My wife goes outside to feed the other yellow Labs and the horses so I’m the only one up at that time. Princess sleeps with our younger daughter so she hasn’t been with me all night.

She’s right there with me everywhere I go. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing. She stands beside me when If I’m pouring a cup of coffee (from Friends of Barnabas at www.fobf.org) or fixing my breakfast. She sits at my feet when I’m in the recliner reading, praying, and meditating. She lies down just outside of the bathroom, waiting for me to come out. Of course, I talk to her and rub her head and let her know I love her. After all, she thinks she’s a person and I’m not about to tell her any different.

This morning as she followed me everywhere I went, I thought about how God and Princess are a lot alike. Both go with me wherever I go. Both really want to be with me. Both are there to love me. Today I’m very grateful that my dog and my God love me that much. What about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home