Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"Do you worry about what others think?"


Our younger daughter was driving down a pretty busy road. I was riding with her and she was doing a great job of driving. She was just driving a little slower than the other cars, most of which speed down this particular road. Of course that means these other cars were stacking up behind her.

"Daddy, all of these cars are behind me," she said, "and there’s one right behind me on my bumper. What am I gonna do?"

"Well, how fast are you going?" I asked.

She told me and it was only 5 mph under the speed limit. I told her, "Honey, just focus on your driving and not theirs. You can only control how you drive, not how they drive."

"But won’t they get mad at me?" she said.

"Don’t worry about what they think. Focus on what you’re doing. What they think is up to them," I said.

It’s so easy for us to worry about what other people think, sometimes allowing it to shape our actions. Today, don’t worry so much about what other people think. Be the person God created you to be as you drive your life.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really loved this story, because it's so true. We really do allow peer pressure to run our lifes, instead of listening to and doing what God tells us to do! I've done it myself, but have learned to listen to that small still voice that God speaks to us with! Thank you so much for this email, and all the others I receive daily! Most of the time, they are right on time just as is God!!

Michael Collie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home