Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"How do you get experience?"


Our daughter drove along the highway with me sitting beside her. It was her first time out on the highway.
"Daddy, I’m so nervous," she said. "I’m afraid I’m going to do something wrong."

"You’re doing fine," I told her. "Your driving is great. You’ll relax as you gain more experience."

"How do I get more experience? Just drive more?" she asked.

"That’s right," I told her. "The more experience you have, the more you learn."

"What do I learn?" she said.

"Well," I said, "with experience comes mistakes. And when you make mistakes, you learn from them. Like running off the side of the road. You learn how to correct without over-correcting. But you have to experience it."

"Whew," she said, "I’m glad I don’t have to do it right the first time."

Do you think you have to do life perfectly for God to be happy with you? You don’t. God is all about helping you learn from your mistakes and saving you from the consequences of your mistakes ruining your life.

As you make a life today, ask God to help you learn from your mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home