Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Do you understand what someone else needs?"


How do you teach someone else how to do something that you’ve done for a long time and no longer really have to think about doing it?

That’s the question I faced when I started teaching our younger daughter how to drive. I mean it’s been a long time since I started driving. I did teach our older daughter to drive, but that’s been five years or so.
I discovered that it’s easy to get impatient with yourself and the person you’re teaching because you have to stop and think about what you do, why you do it, and how you do it. A lot of us just assume the other person knows what we know.

What I’ve found most helpful is to let her ask questions and use them to help me think like she does. That gets me to a place where I communicate better and more patiently with her because I realize it’s not about me. It’s about her. I’m a better teacher because I understand her needs.

God understands your needs. And God wants to teach you everything you need to know about driving your life as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home