Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 27, 2007

"Do you just say no?"


Earlier this month, a couple in the area where I live came over to get their yellow Labrador Retriever puppy, one of Princess’ puppies that we raised. They were so excited and so was their daughter who was about 18 months old.

She toddled along, babbling to herself, and every now and then I’d recognize a word or two. Actually I recognized just two words: "DaDa" and "No." Of course, she says, "DaDa" because it’s easier to say than "MaMa" and "No" because she hears it all the time for her own protection, to keep her from hurting herself as she explores her world.

Somewhere along the road to adulthood, it seems to me some of us forget how to say "No." Instead of "No," maybe you say "Yes" to some things that you shouldn’t. For instance, instead of saying "Yes" to a project someone volunteers you for at work, say, "No, I just don’t have time to do that right now." Or, "No, I can’t get my life wrapped around one more thing right now."

Listen to life today for God your Heavenly Parent guiding you as you toddle along. Make a life, not just a living by just saying "No."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home