Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Do you practice K.M.S.?"


I was talking with a friend recently about his children. One of his sons had married a woman that my friend and his wife didn’t particularly like. Her way of doing life and theirs is just very different. Then his daughter had just accepted a marriage proposal from a young man whose lifestyle is also very different from their family’s.

My friend talked about how he really couldn’t bring about any change in either situation, yet felt very strongly about both. Then he said to me, "I’ve learned that practicing K.M.S. really helps out a lot in these kinds of situations."

"What’s K.M.S.?" I asked him.

"K.M.S. stands for ‘Keep Mouth Shut," he said. "I’ve learned that I don’t have to comment on everything and when I practice K.M.S., I’m usually in a better position to help out when the inevitable comes crashing down around them."

God created us with two ears and one mouth. Find an opportunity to practice K.M.S. today at home or work or just about anywhere as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home