Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Does life surprise you?"


It was one of those rather strange experiences. I took our pregnant yellow Lab, Princess, outside. She was sniffing around the yard for her preferred bathroom location when I heard a "peep" behind me.

So I turned around and looked up. Earlier I told you that the birds moved their family business around to a ledge over the front porch. Well, when I looked up, there was a baby bird staring down at me. Now most of the time, whenever I come out of a door near a nest, all the birds get down as low as they can go in the nest, thinking I’m a predator.

But this bird actually saw me, "peeped" at me to get my attention, and then as I looked up, he leaned over the edge of the nest and stared at me. So I stood there and stared back. Frankly, it got to be a staring contest with neither of us blinking until Princess walked up and I went back in our home.

Life really surprises you sometimes, doesn’t it? And that’s a good thing. So as you listen to life today and make a life, not just a living, look for God to send you a pleasant surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home