Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 30, 2007

"What do you pray for?"


Last month, I shared a story about my mother having a heart catheterization and asking me after receiving a great report, "Do you think I was healed?" That story prompted one from a woman who listens to life with us through our website at www.listentolife.org.

She shared that as she donates her blood and watches it flow into the bag, she silently thanks God that her blood is healthy enough to be used to heal others. Also, she prays that God use it to bring someone closer to God.

As I read her story about that great prayer, I thought, "We all can pray a similar prayer." For instance, the person who works in a lab making medicines can pray God’s healing blessings on those who take them. And if you work in a factory making chairs, you can pray God’s comforting presence on those who need to sit down. And if you sell hearing aids, you can pray God’s blessings on those who hear a grandchild say, "I love you!" much better.

Pray God’s blessings on others whatever you do as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home