Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 16, 2006

"Where are you?"


I shared a story with you last month that a person who listens to life at www.listentolife.org told me. He had a friend who was a farmer who was fond of saying that the tallest corn grew not on the mountain, but in the valley. We talked about how that’s because the rainfall cascaded down the mountain into the valley and so the valley corn had more to grow with.

Well, another friend who listens to life with me shared with me how the rainfall doesn’t travel alone when it’s washing down the mountainside. It brings with it the topsoil off of the mountain, depositing it in the valley. Also, it carries with it rich minerals and nutrients that come off the rocks on the mountain.

The valley receives not just the benefit of the rainfall, but also soil and nutrients that make it rich and fertile. So I guess life in the valley isn’t so bad after all.

Most of my spiritual growth happens not while I’m on top of the world, but a little further down, like in a valley. It’s there that I depend on God to nourish my spirit. You can do the same in your valley as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home