Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Are things always what they seem in your life?"


Here’s a letter John wrote to his Dad:

“Dear Dad, It is with great regret that I’m writing to you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, Joan, because I wanted to avoid a scene with you and Mom. Joan is so nice but I knew you wouldn’t approve of her because of her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes, and she’s much older than me, but it wasn’t just that, Dad. Joan is pregnant.

“We have a dream of living out in the woods with the rest of the commune. We want to have more children. But don’t worry, Dad. I’m 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I’m sure we’ll be back to visit you so you can get to know your grandchildren.

“Your son, John.

“PS: Dad, none of the above is true. I’m over at Tommy’s house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that’s in my center desk drawer. Call me when it’s safe to come home.”

Since things aren’t always what they seem, listen to life today, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home