Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, August 25, 2005

"Are you worrying today?"

Today, I’m doing something I’ve known about for nearly 18 years, looked forward to in some ways, but not in others. Today, I’m taking our older daughter to college.

She’s a brilliant and beautiful young lady who has accomplished much, will do even more, and has a deep, abiding spirit about her. She’s mature and my wife and I are very proud of and excited for her.

But she’s leaving home today. And we know she’ll do fine, but you’ll understand when I say we still worry some. All of these, “What if’s…?” keep leaping into my mind. “What if she does this?” and “What if she forgets to do that?” and on and on the list goes, most of it silly stuff that I know will never happen; some of it potentially legitimate, but not really.

So once again I face a situation where I have no control, but I know someone who does: God. God is in control and since God’s in control, I know I don’t need to worry, just wish our daughter well, and love her come what may.

Don’t worry. Just love others come what may today. God is in control.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did what you are doing 12 years ago. I took our only child, a daughter, to college. My wife had planned to go too, but instead was called to deathbed of her mother dying of cancer. Lots of concerns, and worries, but God is in charge as you said. She graduated in 4 years, accomplished many things we had not a clue about, lived in Madrid, Spain for two summers learning Spanish, worked at Disney World in their cooperative ed program and blossomed in that 4 years. Now i am a blessed grandfather of an 18 month old little girl. There are bumps along the way, probably just enough to keep us on our knees and remember who is in charge! And yes, you just thought you had a prayer life up til now!
Many blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home