Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, August 15, 2005

"Is God bigger than any of your problems?"

My Grandmother Greene was stricken with the cruel disease of rheumatoid arthritis. That painful disease progressed and coupled with heart attacks, fibrillations and a series of mini-strokes, I watched painfully as her life slowly and cruelly ebbed away. But I also watched as she listened to life, making the most of her moments.

I complimented her one afternoon on her endurance and attitude. "Well," she replied, "I don't do it alone. You see that sign on the kitchen counter. That's how I do it. I remember that."

On that kitchen counter was a simple yellow sign, folded in half to stand, with blue lettering which read: "God is bigger than any problem I have."

After I helped carry her casket to a freshly-opened grave, I went back to her home to change clothes. As I walked in the door, the first thing I saw was that simple yellow and blue placard. And it still read, "God is bigger than any problem I have."

And for the first time, I really understood what she meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home