Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Are you in a storm?"

Last month, Hurricane Cindy made landfall in the Gulf of Mexico region and headed north toward where I live. The storm produced some severe rainfall, like 5 inches in 3 hours at our farm. It also produced tornado warnings.

I watched the progress of the storm with increasing interest as she came closer. Using the Doppler radar on the Weather Channel’s website, I read the tornado warnings, and saw the “hooks” in the radar readings, indicating tornadic activity. We were under a tornado warning for about 6 hours.

I’ve lived through more than a few funnel clouds, some of which touched down where I was. So I began worrying a bit…until I realized that as with most of life, this storm was beyond my control. Sure, I could secure a few things around the farm, but my worrying wouldn’t change that storm one bit. So I prayed, asking God to help me not to worry, to keep everyone safe; letting God have control of the situation. Remember: God is in control. And avoid the “worry warnings” as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home