Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"Are you bored?"

Here’s something you may not know: July is Anti-Boredom Month. Now I’m not sure why July unless it’s because a lot of people go on vacation in July and run the risk of being bored since they’re out of their daily routine. Evidently this Anti-Boredom campaign works. Some people who obviously fear boredom got together and decided that July should also be “Cultivate Your Character Month.” (I always thought I was enough of a character.) And July is National Baked Bean Month. (I’m not going there…) And July is National Blueberry Month. (I eat blueberries about every morning, but do they need their own month?)

People who fear boredom make some strange decisions, don’t they? But you know, I’m not so sure boredom is a bad thing. Have you tried being bored lately? Most people I know could use a little boredom, a little down time to relax and just let their mind wander and their body relax and their spirit listen to life so they can make a life, not just a living.
So be pro-boredom today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home