Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, June 23, 2005

"Want to wash away your stress?"

My wife knows that I do a lot of speaking engagements and seminars about quality of life issues. So she comes home for the grocery store one evening and shows me a bottle of dishwashing liquid. At first I’m thinking, “I must not be helping enough in the kitchen” and my face must have had a rather quizzical look on it, because she said, “Read the label.”

So I did. It read, “Anti-Stress [dishwashing liquid] Aroma Therapy. Anti-Stress is enriched with the essence of Lavendar for a soothing and relaxing scent.”

And so I tell my wife, “Wow! Does that tell you how stressed out we are today or what?” And of course that was her point in showing it to me. I had heard of candles, bath and massage oils, and incense for stress relief through aroma therapy, but dishwashing liquid?

We all get stressed out at some time or other, don’t we? Besides dishwashing liquid, try relaxing a little more into who God creates you to be each day as you make a life and not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home