Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, June 13, 2005

"Are you ready for an opportunity?"

I was cleaning up around the farm. We had some remodeling done and I was loading up the scrap materials into the truck bed to haul off to the dumpster. I couldn’t get it all in there so I knew I’d have to make two trips.

One of our yellow labs, the “old man” of the bunch, Cody, was helping me. You know, keeping me company by walking and sniffing around while I worked. Since he was so helpful, I offered him a ride down the road to the dumpster. I opened the door, he hopped in, and away we went.

We returned. I let Cody out and began loading up again. Before I left, our puppy, Jake barked at me like he wanted to go on the second trip. So when I finished loading, I brought him over to the truck, opened the door, and he wouldn’t get in. He is, after all, just a puppy, and the only time he gets to leave the farm is to go to the vet’s office. So he wouldn’t get in the truck.

Sometimes we’re like Jake—we think we want to do something until we have the opportunity. Then we won’t get in. Ask God to help you get over your fear and just get into life as God leads you. That’s the way to listen to life and make a life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home