Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"Is your life like lasagna?"

My wife makes the best lasagna you’ve ever eaten. I watched her make it once. She prepares her sauce with secret ingredients that I can’t tell you about or she’d have to kill me. She mixes together all of these cheeses. Then she carefully layers all of these ingredients in her special lasagna dish. It’s the layering that attracted my attention.

She puts a layer of noodles, then sauce, then cheese. And she cooks it all together, layer upon layer, until it’s done.

So while I smell the lasagna cooking, I listen to life. And I realize that life is somewhat like lasagna. Life layers stuff on you. Some of the stuff you ask for, you like the special ingredients. Other stuff you don’t. But you do get to choose most of your life’s ingredients. And it all cooks together in your life’s pan until it’s done.

So what ingredients are you choosing for your life? What’s cooking in your life’s pan? Listen to your life and choose well your life ingredients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home