Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"Are you as generous as a 10-year old boy?"

A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer and took chemotherapy and his hair came out. So he shaved what little hair remained, making him completely bald, like Michael Jordan.

Well, my friend’s brother-in-law shaved his head completely in sympathy for my friend, to show his support. The brother-in-law went skiing and asked a ten-year-old neighborhood boy to watch his dogs while he was gone. And he promised to pay him.

When the brother-in-law got back, he thanked the kid for watching his dogs and tried to hand him a $10 bill. “No, I can’t take it,” the boy said. “My parents did most of the work. By the way, why did you shave your head?”

The brother-in-law explained the situation and the ten-year-old neighborhood boy said, “Oh, well, give my $10 to the American Cancer Society in honor of him.”

I’d say that ten-year-old boy knows how to make a life, not just a living by listening to life today for what God has to say, wouldn’t you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home