Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

"Do you make a difference?"

I was on my way somewhere but had to stop by a bank before leaving town. So I found a branch, pulled up to the drive-through in an open lane, and stopped to make a deposit.


As I put the window down, I noticed the woman in the lane beside me smiling. I smiled back, thinking how nice she seemed. Then after I finished putting my deposit in the box, she started waving. And I waved back, not wanting to be unfriendly, but now I’m wandering if I’m supposed to know her or what her intentions are.


Well then, she rolls her passenger window down and says, “I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your column in the paper. I read it every day! It really helps me a lot.”


And I said, “I’m so glad it does. You’ve helped me today, too. Thanks!”

She helped me to remember that there really are lots of friendly people still in the world and that what one person does really can make a difference. Do what God gives you to do and make a difference as you listen to life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home