Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, March 04, 2005

Do you prepare for success?

I plan to do something this weekend that may seem somewhat unusual or just plain strange to those of you with snow on the ground or temperatures in the teens: I’m going to cut back and fertilize my rose bushes.

Sound crazy to you? Well, I understand why you think that. If I didn’t know about how to care for roses, I would as well.

You see, if I want rose blooms to cut in spring and summer, now is when I prune the canes. The bush grows best where it’s pruned. The new growth will come this year from the places on the bush where I trimmed back last year’s growth, and make room for this year’s growth.

Also, I fertilize now so that when the root system starts waking up in a few weeks, they have all of the nutrients they need. That way the bush gets a great start in its new year and is ready to produce lots of blooms.

You have to prepare for success with roses. And with God. What’s God pruning and feeding in your life that will produce beautiful results later? Discover what God’s up to with you as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home