Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, January 04, 2010

"Got a partner?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


How do you try to make your New Year’s resolution happen? Do you tough it out on your own, using sheer will power and strength? And how far does that get you? Yea, I know, about that far.

When I made a New Year’s resolution a few years ago to start exercising regularly, I did pretty well at first, going often and really enjoying the time and feeling better. After a while though I noticed my enthusiasm waning. I had more excuses not to go and I let them get in the way of my going.

I knew I needed a partner—someone to hold me accountable, to ask when were we going to the gym, to look forward to being with. Our younger daughter became my partner, when she’s not at track practice. We had a great time together encouraging each other. She helped me push away from my desk and get up and go.

We all need a partner to help us reach our goals. Who’s your partner? Ask God to send someone to you who will motivate you, encourage you, and listen to life with you as you make a life, not just a living today.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home