Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"What’s your perfect gift?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


We’re all searching for the perfect holiday gift, the perfect something for someone who has everything and needs nothing, right? Sure there’s lots of stuff to buy, but that just right something is elusive at times.

My parents gave me a gift recently that you definitely would not want. My wife didn’t want it and my daughters think it’s ridiculous, but it’s the perfect gift for me. My parents gave me the ugliest green lamp you’ve ever seen, with a matching green, metal shade. The lamp is shaped like a ship with gold painting on the front and the sails have a tiny light bulb with a separate switch that you turn on and it lights up the color slides behind the sails. Trust me, it’s even uglier than it sounds.

But this lamp belonged to my grandmother and every time I went to her house, I sneaked into her bedroom to play with it, lighting up the sails, and pretending to sail the Seven Seas. So it has lots of special memories for me and that’s why it’s in my office.

Sometimes the perfect gift doesn’t cost a lot or is even pretty, but sent by God.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home