Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, December 06, 2009

"Where’s your watch?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


Someone asked me recently, “Did you forget your watch?” They noticed I wasn’t wearing one. “No,” I said. “I stopped wearing my watch about five years ago.” I went on to tell them how much I like my watch. It’s a very well-known brand of watch.

So why did I stop wearing it? To help me focus less on what’s coming up next and where I’m going and by when and more on where I am now, what I’m doing now, who I’m with now, and what’s going on now.

You’re probably wondering how I get anywhere on time. I have a mobile phone and it keeps time. And there are clocks everywhere—restaurant walls, the car, my friends’ wrists. I haven’t been any later than I was earlier in the year for any of my appointments, but I sure feel freer.

I feel freer to listen to the person I’m eating lunch with who has cancer. I feel freer to answer email from around the world from people searching for life answers. I feel freer to have fun at the gym with my daughter. I feel freer to share with my wife.

So just put your watch in your dresser drawer and try it for a day. And listen to life and make a life, not just a time-driven living.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home