Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, January 02, 2009

"Do you want what someone else has?"


You’ve heard the old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side." Well, I’ve come up with a new variation on that one: "The snow is always whiter on the other side."

I came up with this one when the area where I live on the East Coast was hit with a winter storm in the fall. We had about six inches of snow and ice. Well, I did a phone interview about that time with one of our Life Network radio stations in Minnesota. I mentioned something about all the snow we had and then shared a story from my First Book about making a snowman with my daughter. When I finished my story, the announcer said, "We sure would love to have some of that snow up here. My snowmobile’s ready to go and we don’t have any snow!"

It seems like we always want something that someone else has, don’t we? Here I was freezing and this guy wanted my snow and I wanted his fall weather!

Let’s be satisfied with what God sends our way as we listen to life today and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home