Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Is your birthday today?"


Today is my Mom’s birthday. So August 20th is always a special day to me, because the woman who brought me into life received life herself on this day. But it’s special for more reasons than that.

You see, my mother’s father was also born today. Can you imagine his thrill when he was told that he was the father of his first daughter on his birthday? And there’s another reason today is special, as if the fact that my mother and grandfather were both born today weren’t enough.

You see, my grandfather’s mother was born today as well. Can you imagine her joy when she birthed a son on her birthday?

And there’s more! When my great-grandmother birthed my grandfather on her birthday, she did so knowing that she was born on her father’s birthday—August 20th. So you have four generations all born today!

Each of these four generations was thrilled by a birth today. Can you imagine God’s joy, how thrilled God is each and every day of the year by the births of children around the world? Share the joy as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home