Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Got a minute?"


Most of the time, when I’m in my office for instance writing stories like this one, I typically write up until the last possible moment before I have to leave to rush to an appointment.

Lots of times, I get so engrossed in writing a story, forget to look at the clock on the wall, that I find myself running behind. For some reason, I try to cram just as much work into every minute I can before I jet out the door. I guess it’s my perpetual pursuit of the Protestant work ethic kicking in…and making me late.

Well, recently, I decided to allow myself a little extra time to get to a lunch appointment. Now that might not sound like a big thing to you, but for me, it was important. I pushed away from my desk about 10 minutes before I normally would, grabbed my keys, and headed out. I arrived at my lunch meeting a few minutes early. In fact, I had time to meet and greet some folks before the event began. I sat down rather relaxed, certainly less stressed, and more attentive.

Today, give yourself a break, a little more time to get where you’re going as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Harriet said...

I needed this today. I always find myself running behind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home