Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"How do you sleep?"


I’ve found a great way to listen to life while you sleep and it helps you wake up positively refreshed. Here’s how it works.

Every night, I get in my bed a little while before I want to go to sleep. I relax, close my eyes, and name three things I’m thankful for that happened that day. Now, I am as specific as possible. Instead of saying, "I’m thankful for my wife," I say, "I’m thankful for my wife and her generous gift of her time in running three errands for me today." Or, instead of just saying, "I’m grateful for my friend Louise", I say, "I’m grateful for my friend Louise, that she discovered today she doesn’t have breast cancer, for her surgeon’s skilled hands, and for the pathologist’s knowledge."

Being specific seems to help. I feel more refreshed than usual the next morning because I’ve put these positive thanksgivings in my mind and my brain processed them overnight. And that helps me listen to life and make a life, not just a living in positive, God-sensitive ways.

Try counting your blessings every night and listen to life while you sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home