Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Sunday, December 31, 2006

"Is God ahead of you?"


My wife really wanted us to rent a convertible while we vacationed in Maui. I checked into it and the cost was just a little out of line with our budget. So I told her I didn’t see how we could and she was disappointed, but still grateful to be going.

Well, when I walked up to the rental car counter, the young lady greeted me warmly with a nice "Aloha!," entered my name in the computer, and welcomed me to Maui.

"We’re glad to be here," I told her. "My wife and I have been trying to get here for nearly three years. This dream trip of hers is my birthday present to her."

"How nice of you," she said and kept on typing in the computer. Then she said, "Dr. Faucette, would you be interested in upgrading from your compact car to a convertible for only $63 more…and I’ll give you 10% off of your bill?"

Of course I took it, realizing that God had been way ahead of us to prepare a good time for us. Just like God has gone way ahead of you into 2007 to prepare a good time for you. So listen to life and make a life, not just a living in 2007.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jarrod and Lisa Brown said...

Once upon a time, there was this tall dude who lived on a farm with three women and twice as many horses and dogs....

Hey there! Great Story! We had a similar experience on our trip to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I had saved for six months to be able to pay for a glorious nine days on Waikiki and the beaches of Maui. I even saved extra so that we could stay oceanfront in both places. But God went ahead of me and did multiple miracles! On my way to the travel agency to pay the bill and get our tickets for our trip, my dad asked if he could come along.

"Of course," I replied.

"But I have to make one stop on the way if it's okay with you," Dad said.

"No problem."

So Dad just rode along with me, and about four blocks from the agency asked me to stop at the bank. We went in and Dad pulled out a wad of traveler's cheques. He had the teller convert them to a check, exactly the amount I was about to pay for our Hawaiian honeymoon. Then Dad turned to me and said, "Son, Mom and I love you and Lisa and want you to have a fabulous honeymoon. Here is the money to pay for your trip. It is our wedding present to you."

Needless to say, I was astounded and more than one tear found its way down my cheek. I never imagined how much my parents loved me!

After the tickets were obtained, we learned of another way God was preparing the way for our trip. Lisa's cousin, Teri, who was to be her matron of honor, had a very special wedding gift for us as well.

"As you know," Teri started, "my husband, Topher, works for American Airlines. If you will tell him your flight numbers, he'll arrange for upgrades for you to First Class for the flights originating out of DFW."

Of course we told him the flight numbers, and true to his word we had upgrades all the way to Hawaii and home again to Raleigh. Both of these miracles helped to make for a trip we will both always cherish, and for a reminder of how much God loves us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home