Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"What words do you choose?"


A couple of months ago on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina striking the Gulf Coast, I shared with you a story about how even a year later, people are still giving of their time and energy to help rebuild that once enjoyable city and the lives of its residents. That story prompted an email from a woman who listens to life through our syndicated newspaper column.

She writes, "I read your column every day. I love it truly. But today it hit home, because I also was a victim of Katrina—emotionally. I was a tourist at the time that it struck. I asked God to wrap his arms around us and protect us and he did. You say people still go down a year later and help out. I’m here to tell you that your words [and others’ words] have brought me through many a day since I’ve been back. Through good people’s words and God, I am healing."

You never know what disaster someone else is going through, do you? That’s why it’s so important as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living, to share words of encouragement, hope, and healing with others. Your words are powerful, sent by God to a hurting friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home