Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Is your calculator clear?"


I have to admit that numbers just aren’t my thing. Words are.

I have several friends who are accountants and I’m very grateful each of them enjoys running numbers. I’m much better processing words.

So when I pull out a calculator, which I did recently, it’s against my better wishes and is totally necessary. Only I couldn’t get it to work correctly. Pretty soon, I discovered that the problem wasn’t with the calculator, but with me. I wasn’t clearing the calculator before trying to do another function which meant I was piling up about three functions at a time.

Life is like that calculator. If you don’t clear a negative conversation with a client at work out of your mind before you go home, it walks in the door with you and gets in the way of you enjoying your family. If you don’t clear a painful relationship from your heart before you try to begin another one, you may never love completely again.

Ask God today to clear the calculator in your spirit so that you can enjoy life to the fullest as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home