Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"You just never know who you’re holding, do you?"


I first met my nephew Dan when he was about five months old. My wife and I baby-sat him while her sister and husband went to a party. He was a good little guy, pretty typical of five months old. You know the drill— sleep, eat, change a diaper, play a little, go back to sleep. Nothing special there.

I’ve watched Dan grow up through the years. My wife’s family gets together once a year for a week at the beach and 5 month old Dan is now about 26 years old.

When I baby-sat him and held him and watched him growing up, I had no idea that I held and watched the future starting second baseman for the National League’s Florida Marlins baseball team. This past season was his rookie year and he had a terrific one, hitting over 20 home runs, driving in around 90 runs, and playing well in the field.

As you listen to your life and make a life, not just a living, the next time you’re holding a baby, remember that he or she could grow up to do something spectacular…with God’s help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home