Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, October 09, 2006

"Do you chase others away from your territory as if there’s not enough to go around?"


Our family enjoyed an extended weekend at the beach, just to relax and be together uninterrupted with only the four of us.

One day as I sat with my wife and daughters, reading a book and relishing in the ocean, I noticed a sandpiper. He was by himself and soon I discovered why.

I watched him scurrying around the beach like most of his type looking for something to eat. At least that’s what I thought he was doing. But I soon discovered that’s not how he spent most of his time. That sandpiper used most of his time and energy to chase away other birds. If another sandpiper approached his territory, he ran quickly over to chase him off. Then another bird invaded the opposite end of his area and he was off to chase him away. Back and forth that little bird ran, spending virtually no time eating and all of his energy chasing away the competition.

Today, avoid chasing others away. God provides more than enough food on the beach of your life for everyone. So enjoy making a life today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home