Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"Who do you see when you look in the mirror?"


I made a new friend at a party recently. We were talking about where we’ve been in life and what we’ve done. He reads Listen to Life often and somehow we started talking about how we look at this stage of life compared to earlier stages. And he says, “Who do you see when you look in the mirror? Now that’s a great story title. I’ll be reading that one, right?”

We laughed a little more. Then I said, “I just realized something. I just put out a picture in my office that I found of our older daughter, my wife and me from about 18 years ago. And I placed a baby picture of her on another desk. I guess I’m just trying to remember.”

I guess that’s why you take pictures out of boxes and put them out on your desk. You’re just trying to remember. Because when you remember how good life was in your yesterdays, you get some confidence that the tomorrows will be, too. You recall how good God was to you in those days and claim the promise that God will continue to be good today and next year and for the rest of your life.

Enjoy God’s goodness always as you listen to life and make a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home