Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, July 10, 2006

"Are you rich?"


A friend of mine and I were talking recently about his five-year-old granddaughter. (Well, actually, he was talking and I was listening. After all, I’m just a father and he’s a grandfather so he trumps me.) He picked her up from school that day which happened to be her last day of kindergarten. She cried. Her teacher cried. So “Pops” as she calls him decided to take her out for ice cream and a trip to a traveling zoo and anything else she wanted to do.

She asks him, “Pops, are you rich?”

“No, I’m not rich,” he said.

“Well, did you know that you can be rich and poor?” she said.

And Pops, “No, I didn’t. How does that work?”

“Well,” she said, “You can be rich in love and have no money.”

“Oh yea?” said Pops.

And she said, “Yes, you don’t have to have money to be rich. You can be rich in love.”

You can learn so much about listening to life from a five-year-old, can’t you? Be rich in love today as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home