Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"What kind of day did you choose for today to be?"


A 92-year-old lady moved to a nursing home. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away. After waiting patiently in the lobby for a long time, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready.

As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, the administrator described the tiny room. "I love it!” she said.

"But Mrs. Jones,” her guide said, “you haven't seen the room."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she said. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged, it's how I arrange my mind. I already love it. It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice—I can spend the day in bed naming the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away, just for this time in my life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home