Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, June 19, 2006

"Who knows best?"


Late one evening, a friend called. Her mother had died and it wasn’t an easy death. She told me how her mother’s condition deteriorated, then improved, then rapidly went down hill. It was really difficult for my friend to see her mother like that.

She said, “Mama got so bad off that my need to keep her here was less important than her need to stop suffering and go on. There are worse things than death.”

My friend’s right, you know. What we want isn’t the most important thing always, is it? Sure, my friend would have done anything to keep her mother alive. But it just wasn’t possible for her mother to live. So she surrendered what she wanted to God. God knows more about what’s best than we do.

And there are worse things than death. I’m sure somewhere along the way you’ve seen some of those worse things. If you haven’t, you will.

Just remember—God knows best in matters of life and death. Even when life seems at its worst, cling to God who knows best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home