Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"How are you shaped?"


My grandfather died several years ago. He was like a second dad to me.

Some friends gave me a couple of rose bushes in his memory, knowing that I love growing roses and that I’d appreciate the gift of living roses more than cut flowers. One of the notes attached to the gift encouraged me to remember him as I planted, cultivated, pruned, watered and fertilized the bush; to remember how he shaped me into the son and man, husband and father that I am today, and to appreciate who I am even more. It suggested that I reflect on how he cultivated me through our incredible relationship and how I can pass on the beauty of his living colors to my daughters and their children.

So that’s what I’m doing—caring for those roses in a special way, knowing that as I do, I’m so grateful that he invested his time in shaping me into who I am today.

So how are you shaped? And who shaped you? God sends special people into your life as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living, and invites you to pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home