Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 29, 2006

"God is good even during war, right?"


Here’s some email I received: “My nephew is a Marine Staff Sergeant and goes into Southern Iraq today. I know I've asked you to keep him in your prayers. I always ask everyone to keep all the guys in their prayers, but if they would say a special one for him. I was 13 when he was born. I lived beside him and babysat him each summer. We have always been very close. I told him he has an angel on his shoulder and that God is watching out after him. I hope these words will comfort him through his journey.

“I went shopping today to get some things to send all the 21 guys and 1 girl in his unit. Then this afternoon I pulled out your Listen to Life: The First Book and I thought what a good idea it would be to send one to each of them. If I get you their names, could you sign it for them?”

There are opportunities even in war to connect people with God’s love, aren’t there? When you’re listening to life and making a life, not just a living, you find those opportunities and share God’s love everywhere you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home