Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"When do you just stop?"


It was a beautiful spring day—mild temperatures with a gentle breeze and warm sunshine. It was a day made for working outside around the farm, one of my favorite hobbies. So that’s what I was doing. I was even blessed to have a friend helping me.

Well, after he left, I thought, “Okay, I can do some more by myself” and I started scheming what to do. It was about 6:30 in the evening, but the sun wasn’t setting until around 8:00 so I knew I had lots of time to get stuff done. Just then, as I walked up the hill, I glanced over at our new meditation garden. I planted some rose bushes in a large bed, and put a glider bench there, facing the sunset. It’s quite peaceful as it overlooks one of the horse pastures.

I stopped and thought for a moment about how I was home by myself. What a perfect time to enjoy the new garden. And so I went inside, fixed a sandwich, and came back out to meditate over a gorgeous sunset.

Today, find a time and place to just stop and meditate for a few minutes. Remember you’re a human being, not a human doing as you make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home