Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"What do you do when you’re looking at a mountain of a job?"


A friend and I were talking. He’s decided to drink a gallon of water every day to improve his health.

“At first that seemed like a lot,” he said. “I’d fill up a gallon pitcher and look at it and think, ‘I can never drink all of that.’”

“So how do you do it?” I asked.

He said, “I poured it into 24 or 32 oz. bottles. I can drink a bottle of water one at a time and pretty soon, the entire gallon is gone.”

I thought about that…a lot. There are some things I do that when I look at them for the first time, I think to myself, “There’s no way I can do that.” But then, I break the huge goal down into smaller tasks; more manageable activities, and pretty soon, like my friend, I’ve done it.

Today, when you’re looking at a mountain of a job, or feeling overwhelmed by too much to do, just take a breath, say a prayer, and ask God to give you the wisdom to break it down into smaller tasks. Then just do them one by one as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home