Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, February 27, 2006

"What's your perspective?"

My wife and I were enjoying a meal in a restaurant when one of the owners came over to visit with us. “I saw you walking out of the parking lot to come in,” she said to me, “and you’ve lost weight. How much weight have you lost?”

“I haven’t lost any weight,” I said. “Maybe it’s just this floppy shirt.”

“Maybe” she said, “but I think you have.”

So she left our table and in a few minutes some other friends stopped by. I stood up and hugged one of them and we talked for a couple of minutes. Then she said, “Have you gained some weight? You look like you’ve gained weight.”

“No, I don’t think I have,” I said. “Maybe it’s just this floppy shirt.”

“Maybe,” she said, “but I think you have.”

Well, when I sat back down, my wife and I burst into laughter.

Life is what we make of it, isn’t it? You bring your own perspective to life experiences and see what you choose to see. Yet another reason why it’s so important to get your perspective from God as you listen to life and make a life, not just a living.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny thing happened to me the other day, I own a restaraunt and a couple came in to eat. The man was wearing a floppy shirt and me trying to be nice, and make them feel at home, asked him if he had lost weight.Really I didnt care,I was just starting conversation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home