Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, September 05, 2005

"Today's Labor Day. What do you do for a living?"

It’s Labor Day, that day we annually set aside to honor those who labor in this nation. So what’s your labor? What do you do for a living?

One day recently a delivery person for a shipping company came by my office. As I usually do with just about everyone, I struck up a conversation about his day.

He told me about a previous stop in delivering a package to an office. The secretary there started telling him about some problem in her life. Even though these folks are on tight schedules, he took the time to listen carefully, and act interested in what she was saying. It was if she had been waiting for him to come so she could unload.

When he started to leave, he said some encouraging words to her, and then said, “I’ll pray for you.”
“You deliver more than packages, don’t you?” I said. “You deliver blessings as well.”

Does your labor deliver blessings as well? Make a life, not just a living as you listen to life on Labor Day for what God has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home