Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, April 18, 2005

"Have you been surprised lately?"

It was Saturday morning. I woke up at my usual time of six o’clock, wishing I could sleep a little longer since it was the weekend. But I couldn’t. My eyes were wide-open, my mind was turned on, and I was awake.

So I stayed in bed for about thirty minutes or so, praying and welcoming a new day and whatever opportunities it would bring. Then I got up and went to our kitchen. In our kitchen, we have a big bay window that overlooks the horse pastures and in the distance, you can see some beautiful mountains.

A friend emailed me something he’d written and wanted me to read over it so I got my laptop and sat at the kitchen table reading it over, looking up regularly to watch the new day dawn. All of a sudden, as the day shook off its sleepiness, it started snowing. Huge snowflakes gently fell from the steel-gray clouds and settled lightly on the ground.

You just never know what surprises the day will bring, do you? Be prepared to welcome whatever comes as you listen to life and make a life today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home