Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Friday, February 25, 2005

"Do you always get the right number?"

I answered the phone, "Listen to Life, this is Joey. How may I help you?"

The voice said, "Yea, I’m calling about a computer for my daughter."

"We don’t sell computers, sir," I said.

"This is Steve’s Computers, right" the voice said.

And I said, "No sir, I’m sorry, it isn’t."

"Well, this is the number that was in the newspaper ad," the voice said.

So I said, "Well, maybe you should call the newspaper advertising department and ask them about Steve’s number."

That call was a couple of months ago and I’m having this same conversation about once a week still, different voices, but the same conversation. I don’t know Steve, but I’m thinking he owes me a computer for all the business I’m sending to him. Not really, but this situation started me thinking about how challenging it can be to connect with people sometimes.

I’m sure glad you can’t dial a wrong number with God, aren’t you? You simply start praying and you’re connected!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking,too,about what a wonderful opportunity God has given you to share the witness of Listen to Life with so many of Steve's customers and how God has used even a wrong number to open many doors for sharing the gospel. Perhaps Steve, if he hasn't heard already, will also come to know about Christ through your program. What an awesome God we serve!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also watched the Super Bowl with a friend and we both thought it was the best pre-game show ever. My father served our country in WWII. Until his death in 2000, he was always telling us children how much it meant to him to be able to serve his country.. He was so proud to be an American soldier. He would have been willing to give his life for his family and country to protect our freedom. I thought of him as I watched these proud veterans who served with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home