Enter your Email to Sign up for Dr. Joey's Today's Story


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"Do you flinch?"

Click here to listen to Dr. Joey tell his story!


When I was a teenager, my dad, little brother, and I went hunting one day. It was a crisp fall morning and we were having a great time together bird hunting. In fact, one of us downed a bird and I went after it. It fell over in one of my grandfather’s cow pastures.

There was a tiny stream running through the pasture. I thought maybe the bird had fallen in it so I stepped over to take a look. All of a sudden, I heard what sounded like thunder and looked up to discover a small herd of about 25 cattle running straight for me, charging. By this time, they were too close for me to outrun. I thought about shooting the lead cow, but I knew Granddaddy wouldn’t like that so I decided to wait until the last possible moment before shooting. So I just stood there, not flinching, staring down that lead cow; my gun leveled just in case. Right before she got to the stream, she stopped and the herd stopped too.

The next time a life problem charges you, don’t run, don’t shoot; don’t flinch. Have the courage to stand, stare it down, and know God is in control.


Discover more great stories like this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home